Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Only this time neither of us is in school, but Brent began teaching at Catholic High last week. After a series of orientations and teacher work days, I guess he is now qualified to teach. So far so good it sounds like. He informed me just a few days before classes began that he was responsible for decorating his classroom. His original understanding was that no teacher had his/her own classroom and that he would move around from one classroom to another. Although this is partially true, all 5 of his classes are in the same room and the walls were left bare when the previous teacher retired. So, we had to come up with a plan last minute to spruce up his room and make it more conducive for learning Spanish. Brent mentioned that he had his Chilean flag that he brought home from his mission and that prompted me to go on a search for all of the Spanish speaking countries flags. At first I started out on Amazon and added each flag individually (by the way there are 21 countries,) but that was going to costs a lot more because we were going to pay S&H on each item shipped. I then went on a Google search and found a company out of Dallas that had an entire set and I didn't hesitate before purchasing. We received the shipment last Tuesday and had to decorate his classsroom that night because classes began the next day.

I have a few pics I will post soon. I must say that my baby Brent looks very handsome each morning. He has to wear a long sleeve dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes EVERY day! This forced us to go shopping for him and we have been pretty successful. After spending a lot of money (we got a lot of stuff for the money though), he has several new wardrobes and a bunch of new ties. I think he may set a record with the most ties if he keeps all this shopping up:) Anyway, I'm thankful for him and the dedication he is putting into his career even though I have felt slightly neglected this past week. I find myself waiting for him anxiously each afternoon. He was able to be at home all summer since we have been married and I have come to expect that and now he's no longer there. I'm not complaining because I'm thrilled that he not only has a job and a career, but one that he really seems to enjoy. We did have a fantastic date night this past weekend to make up for the lack of attention I endured this past week:)

COMING SOON...

BRENT TURNS 26 on the 24th! Update and Pics to follow.

2 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Brent & Robin, We are proud of both of you. Bet that classroom is the best in the whole school. Love you, Mom

Meredith said...

Still waiting to see the Classroom pics!! : ) Meredith