More than the awesome camera and chimenea that I received for Christmas, visiting my dad's new headstone was definitely a highlight and great gift for the day. We have all been very patient during the design process for this headstone. After 9 months of waiting, the final product arrived and it looks more amazing in person than these photographs show. For those who did not know my dad, he was a true craftsman. The house sketched on the front of the headstone was the house otherwise known as "The Old Place" that he build with his very own hands over the past 30 years. Yes, I said 30!!! The sketch shows a path from "The Old Place" to the Salt Lake Temple. He was an amazing man and an even better father. He lived for his five children and he died leaving them all in good hands. His journey on this Earth wasn't long enough in my mind, but I know just right in his. We miss you dad. I hope this headstone is eveything you wanted and temporally marks your resting place until we see you again. Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
More than the awesome camera and chimenea that I received for Christmas, visiting my dad's new headstone was definitely a highlight and great gift for the day. We have all been very patient during the design process for this headstone. After 9 months of waiting, the final product arrived and it looks more amazing in person than these photographs show. For those who did not know my dad, he was a true craftsman. The house sketched on the front of the headstone was the house otherwise known as "The Old Place" that he build with his very own hands over the past 30 years. Yes, I said 30!!! The sketch shows a path from "The Old Place" to the Salt Lake Temple. He was an amazing man and an even better father. He lived for his five children and he died leaving them all in good hands. His journey on this Earth wasn't long enough in my mind, but I know just right in his. We miss you dad. I hope this headstone is eveything you wanted and temporally marks your resting place until we see you again. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The most amazing stone I have ever seen. A true memorial that says it all. We love you. Mom M
Post a Comment