Monday, January 26, 2009

And I finally have a new calling....

I was released from Primary yesterday, but I still have the activities committee calling along with my dear husband. I was called to be a teacher in Relief Society which I am a little apprehensive about, but grateful that I was called upon because it means there are some who think I am quite capable. I think it is interesting that both Brent and I have the same callings right now (except he teaches Elder's Quorum and not Relief Society.)

We have a ward service project and activity this Saturday that we are getting ready for. We are working with our bishopric to have our ward members meet together to receive assignments to go out and find information on our less active members that we just don't know much about. After the service project, we are going to provide lunch and then play some volleyball. We're hoping for a good turnout and I think we will be successful. It has been really wonderful hearing so many people in our ward talk about the activities over the past few months and how fantastic they have been. This has definitely been a difficult calling, but one that I find very rewarding.

2 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Congrats on your new calling, you will be wonderful. Also, congrats for all the activities you both have been responsible for - it is a hard calling, you're doing great!

Jane Huddleston said...

Congrats! It's probably a big relief to be out of there, huh? It seems like you've always been in the primary. I just wish I could come listen to your lessons... Maybe on those third Sundays I'll slip out of Young Womens to come hear your words of wisdom... :)