This past Saturday Brent and I celebrated our 1-YEAR Anniversary. It was a nice, simple day and it was great to look back on this past year and remember all of the big events.
Brent planned a great day for us which started off with an outing to the Red Stick Farmer's Market and Arts Show in downtown Baton Rouge. We followed up the Market by attending 3 baptisms for new coverts into our Ward. We had a few minutes to spare in between the baptisms and our appointment at the TEMPLE to take part in sealings to commemorate what we did 1-year ago. It was a really great way for us to spend our time and to realize the blessings we have in our lives and to know without a doubt that we married the right person, at the right time, and in the right place.

(Cheesy pictures, we know!) Married One year and already 7-months pregnant!We really enjoyed a late lunch at Zea's, a fairly new restaurant in Baton Rouge, and then a 2 1/2 hour nap to follow. I thought I would give Brent a break after our seemingly busy morning/afternoon and let him hang out at the house while I went shopping so he could watch the LSU Baseball game (GO TIGERS!) and then the USA vs. Honduras World Cup Qualifier game.
**********************************************************
Those who know my husband well should know how passionate he is about anything soccer. I called him when I was on my way home from the store and he informed me that team USA wasn't doing too hot. He mentioned that he changed his shirt and put on his USA jersey shirt, but to no avail as of the time we spoke. I suggested that maybe he was still wearing too many clothing items and he should ditch a few. Well, lo and behold did I have a surprise waiting for me when I got home...Yes, my husband took my advice literally and stripped down to just about his birthday suit with the exception of his soccer jersey.
I'm happy to report that USA DID defeat HONDURAS 2-1. I'd like to think it had a little to do with Brent's dedication to his team. Don't worry... the following photo is censored and you shouldn't blush too much.
*I'm not sure who really looks at our blog, but Brent thinks that it's just a few people like his family members because there are always so few comments. To prove him wrong, I'd like you to leave Brent a message if you are reading this to let him know how much you admire his support for his team and you can even mention how sexy you think his legs are...

WOW! Let me clear things up by stating that he did put his clothes back on once he got back in the house. I think he was just looking for the shock effect from me. He definitely got more than he bargained for when I pulled out the camera and surprised him;)
13 comments:
that is fantastic. absolutely fantastic.
bart is very superstitious and will only wear certain clothes on certain game days, including hats. each year before football season he painstakingly picks a new hat for the year and if the tigers don't do so well, he reverts back to the hat he wore the football season of 2003 when the tigers won the national championship. yes, he remembers what hat he wore
so, if bart thought getting naked would help his tigers win, he'd do it.
now you have to watch out b/c your Dh might just ALWAYS watch the games naked now...and don't even think about what might happen if he goes to one of their games and they are losing...those pants are coming OFF!
Oh my goodness. I was not expecting that. WOAH. ----- anyway ---- Congratulations Brent. I'm sure they won ENTIRELY due to your dedication & commitment to the team. You guys make me laugh.
Happy Anniversary!!!! I was thinking the other day that it must be getting close! Brent, that's dedication buddy!
Are you kidding me???? Only Brent!!!! My kids got a good laugh at Uncle Brent!
speechless
Wow...now THIS is comment-worthy! Is that 'white butt cheek' I see peeking out from the car???
Um, yes I think it is! We got a good laugh from this post. Thanks for the evidence.
Ah. I don't know what to say...
Go USA.
What!!! Is that OUR SON? Not ever!
um, yikes.
Only Brent....
If it hadn't been for you and your nude body, the US definitely would've lost. We need more team players like you, Tom. I like the commitment.
HAHA! Yes...a few people read your blog...me being one of them.
-Doug
Post a Comment