Monday, October 26, 2009

We are consumed with party planning these days. For those who may not know, Brent and I are on our Ward's activities committee. Brent is actually Chair of the Committee, but everyone knows that I tend to take charge for the most part. Not always a bad thing in cases like this I would like to think. Our next big event is this Friday. We are having a Trunk-or-Treat for the kids followed by a pot-luck dinner and then the TALENT SHOW.

This hasn't been an easy task trying to schedule everything just perfectly so that it all flows smoothly. I have revised schedules, rehearsal times, and sign-up sheets too many times to keep track of any longer. However, I love planning and organizing AND entertaining so this isn't dreadful to me. I map things out in my head over and over and try to come with the best scenarios and layouts. I am definitely a visual learner. The real challenge is going to be trying to do all of this with another, much smaller, kid in tow. Let's hope the little bambino cooperates for her parents and allows us to work together rather than doing shift changes if she proves to be very needy the day of.

So this week we will make the final preparations, have rehearsals, organize food and decorations, and hopefully, just hopefully, we will be organized enough that we actually will get to enjoy a bit of the Talent Show.

I think the most stressful part of all of this is that the Activities Committee (Yes, that would be us!) is kicking off the talent show with an act of our own. We'll keep you posted on how it all turns out.

2 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Sounds like great fun to me. You two do a great job with that calling, you have a very good reputation (all the missionaries who come t Leesville after Baton Rouge give us great reports. Good luck on your next adventure!!!

Jane Huddleston said...

Can't wait to see Brent in his Radical Red Shirt.