Monday, December 28, 2009

We're still waiting...

On the DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!

This is day 6 since I am keeping track. This place is brutal. This is just a recap of some of the things that have taken place this past week during our stay.

40+ breathing treatments
30+ sessions of chest physical therapy
2 Chest X-Rays
3 Steroid Injections
IV Problems
Numerous oxygen sensor probe problems
Antibiotics twice a day
Oxygen monitoring 24 hours a day with lots of beeping
Oxygen support for 4 1/2 days with levels from .5 to 1.5
Some very LOUD nighttime nurses
VERY LITTLE SLEEP!

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but that gives you an idea of the ordeal we have been through. Seriously, today better be the day because I am holding on by a thread. I've been packed and ready to go since 7:00 am anticipating the doctor's approval for our dismissal. Wish us luck if he/she ever decides to check on us.

Love,
Robin

2 comments:

Mark said...

So sorry Robin and Brent. I ache to be there and be little Annie's nurse. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Janna

Stacy Hutchinson said...

The worst part of all hospital experiences is waiting for the doctors to come do their rounds. Everyone knows it's okay to go, but you have to wait and wait for the official approval and THEN sign a million papers. Love you. I can't wait to hear that you're home at last. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" might not be a fun song for you to hear in the future;)