Our weekend wrap-up.
(Can't find our camera so text will do for now.)
Left for Leesville Friday night. Stopped by the levee in downtown Baton Rouge to watch some of Brent's students act like fools and go ice blocking down the levee (this was Brent's suggestion to his Spanish 4 Students whom he really likes.) Ahhh, to be a senior in high school again! No thanks...
Arrived in Leesville really late Friday. Spent the day with the parents on Saturday. We took Dakota to Fort Polk to climb on some army tanks and what not. He loved it! Papa, Brent, and Kota went bowling. The girls met up with the boys after bowling and we all went for ice cream and sat outside to enjoy the beauty of the day.
LONG SATURDAY NAP...
Grilled steaks to celebrate Papa's upcoming birthday this Friday. The Steiner's came to eat with us. Love those two!
Woke up early Sunday to drive to Alexandria for the blessing of Logan Scot Mangum. Check out their blog here if interested. I'm sure Jeni will update soon. Gathered together for a feast at Aaron and Jeni's after the blessing. Tired kids! Tired parents. Good times. Thanks for having us guys. We enjoyed our time with all of you.
I don't usually like long drives, but this time was different. Both of our kids slept almost the entire way to Leesville Friday night and then for the ride home Sunday. It gave Brent and I a lot of time to talk. I miss that part of our relationship before marriage and all of the other interruptions that come along with life and parenting.
1 comment:
I'm glad someone else can't find their camera sometimes too! We were sad we couldn't be there. I would love to kiss those cute baby cheeks. Hopefully we will see you this summer! Love ya!
Post a Comment