Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Mangum

We're expecting Baby # 3:  

September 7th was my/our last blog post.   There's a reason for that.  That's the date when things starting spinning out of control.  That was the first day that I started to "not feel good" and unfortunately that day has continued relentlessly for the past 6 weeks.  There are days I want to cry and  feel so weak.  This is by far the hardest pregnancy I've had thus far.  It has been even harder because Brent is finishing Grad school this semester and is WAY overextended himself.  We pass each other in the night these days, if we're lucky.  I know there will be a time when we look back and laugh at what we both had to endure, but right now, it certainly doesn't seem laughable. 

I  had a little episode a couple of weeks back with Annie in tow.  She and I went to the gym so that I could get a spin class in thinking that would help make me feel better.  I made it through the spin class and Annie and I stopped at the produce market on the way home for a pumpkin.  We weren't there for 2 minutes until I felt weak and light headed and started to black out.  I quickly found a seat against the wall and had her sit next to me hoping the feeling would pass.  I didn't want to alarm any customers so I was trying to spot an employee who could purchase a coke for me from the vending machine.  Unfortunately, the only people around were older gentlemen so I was left with no option other than to ask one of them for help.  Let's just say the gentleman was extremely concerned and immediately got help and returned with my coke.  It was a little late, as I was lying on the ground when he returned and Annie was patiently sitting by my side.  It was scary because she was with me, but this is certainly not the first time I've passed out.  I've actually had very similar incidences with my pregnancies with Dakota and Annie. The difference then was I didn't have another child with me that I was responsible for at the time.

I'm hoping that things will drastically improve and that I will get some relief in the very near future.  We had an amazing experience this morning of seeing our little babe in action for the first time.  I'm just about 13 weeks and according to the ultrasound...everything looks perfect!  What a relief.  










5 comments:

The Busch's Hullabaloo said...

Those perfect Mangum babies are such a pain the first few months though! Good luck, hopefully this passes quickly and you can get back to feeling good again. So proud of you, spinning with Annie in tow. We are excited for another Mangum and look forward to cuddling him or her in May.

Jane Huddleston said...

I love seeing that little babe. It's going to be great to have another Mangum child around. We are so happy for you, but sorry that you are going through so much crap at the moment. It will get better though. And it will definitely be worth it when that baby is finally in your arms!

Adrienne said...

I hope you start to feel batter soon. You are a really tough chick too, so it must be really rough if you are complaining about it! So glad that baby is healthy and happy though! I'm really happy for you guys!

The Original Mangums said...

Hang in there, this too shall pass! Sure enjoyed our visit this weekend, thanks for having us. Love you four!!!

The Original Mangums said...

Hang in there, this too shall pass! Sure enjoyed our visit this weekend, thanks for having us. Love you four!!!