Monday, May 13, 2013

The Name Game:

About an hour or so before delivery, my sister Meredith and my sister-in-law Stacy were hanging out with Brent and I  in the delivery room and they were trying to help us decide on a name for the babe.  It was a stressful process, but it at least helped pass the time in between contractions.  The first picture below is what we were left with up until "game" time.  Then our list was cut in half when baby girl Mangum made her debut.  

It was still a good two days later before we could decide on her name.  The birth certificate office from the hospital called me multiple times over the 48 hours post delivery asking if we had decided on a name yet?  I was pretty frustrated at one point because they seemed less than happy when I told them I needed more time.  Finally though, just a short while before being discharged, Brent and I had a quiet moment to ourselves and decided that Charlotte Raye was a good fit.  I know all children mold into their birth names, but I wanted to make sure her name "fit" her and that it was a name that both Brent and I liked (which apparently there are very few names that we both like:)

I really love her name and I think it does suit her perfectly.  She's such an awesome baby!



 

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love it!! Good choice ;) she's a cutie pie!

The Original Mangums said...

Love the name, she is so sweet and adorable! Born of "goodly parents" that want the very best for her, evident from having to pick just the right name to suit her!

The Original Mangums said...

Love the name, she is so sweet and adorable! Born of "goodly parents" that want the very best for her, evident from having to pick just the right name to suit her!

The Busch's Hullabaloo said...

She is beautiful with a name to match, excellent choice. We can't wait to meet her next week. Good luck with that drive and three kids, it does turn into a circus at times!

thanida said...

tbsbet
Great read. Love this site so I went back to post 1 to check it out. really effective to boost personal fame. your ideas are really awesome .