Friday, December 12, 2008



Our very own snow day!
When will this ever happen again? Last time it snowed like this in Louisiana was in 1987. Yes, I was 5 years old just like Dakota. I remember it very clearly. The school bus brought us home from school early beacause of the snow and as I stepped off the bus I slipped and hurt my tailbone.

A funny story that goes along with this snow day is that Brent and I were out until 12:00 am Wednesday night/Thursday morning for my office Christmas party (see post below.) On the way home, I could tell he was so tired and I felt bad because he still needed to prepare his lesson plans and grade tests for Thursday's classes. On our ride home, I asked if I could help in any way and he just looked at me and said "you can make it snow like crazy so we don't have school." I told him he better get ready because he was going to have school.

Thursday morning's alarm call came just a little too early. I felt pressure to get up with him and make him a nice breakfast since it was my party that kept us out so late. My boss' gave us the luxury to come in an hour or two later that morning since we were out so late. I got up and started for the kitchen and heard the trash man somewhere in our neighborhood. The trash man missed our scheduled pick-up on Monday and our trash was piling up so I wanted to see if he was anywhere close to our house. I opened the front door and didn't see any sight of the trash man, but I did see sheets and sheets of snow coming down everywhere. I yelled to Brent from the front door that it was snowing and quickly realized he probably wouldn't believe me because of his comment the night before about making it snow. I ran to the bathroom where he was about to get in the shower and I guess he saw my face and realized I wasn't that good of a liar and he knew I was telling the truth. He came to the door and saw the winter wonderland.

Dakota heard us in our excitement and walked out at the very early hour of 6:00am to see what all noise was about. He had the biggest smile on his face and said "I'm going to eat snow."
It was a fantastic day for snow. Now, I can tell my Baby Brent that I made it snow just for him. By the way, our trash man did not pick-up our trash yesterday either. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

2 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Leave them coal in their Christmas stocking, they wont forget you ever again! Love the snow, we were sure wishin, but it didn't happen! Glad it happened for you though.

Jessica said...

Robin, one time I had to give a talk during Alexandria Stake Conference when I was maybe 16...I was not ready and prayed for something, maybe an ice storm, to postpone my talk...and it worked! Maybe there is something magically in the wishes of those who have at some point in time lived in Leesville. Hmmm, let's have some more Leesville residents make wishes. (I did not live in L.V. at the time, but I had so see the connection???)