Monday, March 02, 2009

Interesting Weekend

Not necessarily the "good" kind of interesting either. It all started Friday afternoon when I had a delightful late lunch with my husband at one of my favorite restaurant's in town. We sat at the Hibachi grill and enjoyed watching our meal being cooked before our eyes. I really enjoyed it! However, I should have known from prior experience that after eating the soup that is severed with the meal that my digestive system would kick in to high gear as it has in the past and the urge to go potty, you know which one I'm talking about, would accelerate at a very rapid rate. Well the urge hit me on the way home as I sat keeled over in the passenger seat as Brent tried to get me home. I guess we forgot about Friday afternoon traffic in Baton Rouge. It seemed to take forever to get home! Finally, when we did arrive home the urge subsided and it was just a false alarm and just a cramping stomach from maybe too much food. That was that and we decided to take a nap for a while and soak up all of our "no Dakota" afternoon for all it was worth.

When we woke up from our nap we decided we would attend our Ward Temple Night and take advantage of our alone time. I still wasn't feeling 100%, but I'm pregnant so I don't expect to feel completely normal. I asked Brent on our drive over what the protocol was if I had to step out of the session if I wasn't feeling well. He wasn't really sure so he suggested that I ask one of the Temple workers before I went into the session. Fortunately, I did speak with a Sister and she said that if I really needed to step out then I should and not remain uncomfortable for the remainder of the session. She had me sit up front right next to the door in case I did need to leave. I guess my question raised a red flag for the Sister because she sat watching me during the session. I guess it's a good thing she was watching me because about 1/4 way into it, I started to get pretty light headed and I remember leaning forward to try and get myself to snap out of it and the next thing I remember is waking up with a bunch of people standing around me. I was utterly confused. I had passed out and my head was on the shoulder of the lady sitting next to me. Good thing I was sitting! I remember seeing Brent and that's all I could focus on when I became somewhat conscious. I'm really glad he was there with me. I always know I'll be safe and taken care of when he's around.

I'm okay! I went and had things checked out this morning with my baby doctor. Still a strong heartbeat and I'm feeling better. I guess I waited too long to eat after our late lunch on Friday and my blood sugar or blood pressure dropped pretty rapidly. A scary thought to think that this could have happened anywhere. I guess we were in the best place for it to happen although I felt really bad that I probably scared the mess out of the lady who I landed on. I guess it's a good story though! At least I didn't pee all over myself this time after passing out. Yeah, that's another story.


Oh, and because we got out of the session a little early because of my episode we had time to visit our good friends Jacob and Jane (& Natalie) and play The Office DVD game they got for Christmas. It was pretty fun! Actually, I would even play again. We went back and watched some episodes from season 2 on Saturday to hopefully improve our game the next time around.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I had that happen to me when I was pregnant with Calyn. I was at work, not the temple:) I didn't fully pass out. I ran to the bathroom to sit and have some privacy so no one would freak out. I just had a black curtain start to fall, impairing my vision. I just sat down and took deep breaths. I have low blood pressure to begin with, so it probably dipped due to lack of food. I made sure to carry snacks around after that!

The Original Mangums said...

Good grief! Let's not say we do this again, snacks in the bag are are good thing, even in the temple. Hope all is well!

Lexi said...

Isn't pregnancy crazy? I'm glad that you were ok and at least sitting down already when it happened! Hopefully you won't have any repeat episodes!