
My poor husband......
Most people who know me well know that I'm not much of a T.V. or movie person. I would rather find something else to do than waste a bunch of time watching television. I guess the pregnancy has resulted in me spending a lot more time on our couch and therefore the T.V. has become a good friend. Almost too much! I'm turning into a reality T.V. junkie. For the past two months it has only been one show one night a week. I just love "The Biggest Loser" on NBC. We, yes Brent has joined in too, have followed this show since the first episode and now I have to watch it each week on Tuesday nights because we don't have TIVO or DVR. From the first couple of episodes I started suspecting that two of the pairs of teammates were Mormon and my suspicions have proven to be true. Both the Black teammates Dane and Blaine, and the Blue teammates Sione and Filipe are all Mormon. Dane and Blaine have both been eliminated after dominating for the first six weeks, but we still have Sione and Filipe to pull for. Not just because they're Mormon, but because they seem to have the best outlook and are really dedicated to meeting their goals. All in all, great show and very inspiring!
As if one reality show wasn't enough, last night I picked up on The Amazing Race AND Celebrity Apprentice. I think Brent may lose his mind if I keep this up for the rest of the pregnancy. He informed me last night as we finally retired to bed after 3 hours of reality T.V. that my life is now consumed by 5 hours a week of these shows. I'm new to the Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice so there may be some negotiating there, but The Biggest Loser MUST stay. Don't bother to call me on Tuesday nights between 7 and 9 pm CST because I'll be preoccupied. Have a great one!
2 comments:
i;VE NEVER SEEN REALITY TV, DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT - I JUST ENJOY THE HALMARK CHANNEL!
All we watch is Playhouse Disney. I caught a little bit of American Idol the other night, but quickly remembered why I don't watch it anymore. After the break! After the break! AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Post a Comment