BIRTHDAY/MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND
(This is a picture of me with Jeni's fantastic home-made carrot cake)
Thanks to you to all for the birthday wishes you sent my way this past week. It was a great one indeed. My sweet husband planned a surprise get-together at one of my favorite places/restaurants last Wednesday night. We arrived at La Madeline's with our good friends Jacob and Jane for what I thought was just going to be a double date. However, Brent (and Jane!) had made arrangements with the restaurant manager for the private dining room and had it set up where the four of us would go up and order our meals as usual, BUT what I didn't know was that we were actually placing a fake order because Brent had already picked out the menu for the party. After placing our fake order, Brent suggested that we go find a place to sit down and slowly started walking towards the back of the restaurant where we ended up in the private dining area with 6 of our other good friends/family members.
Although I don't really enjoy surprises, I did really enjoy and appreciate the effort that was put into this party. I also really liked the intimacy of the party with just 5 couples. Thanks to those of you close friends and family who were invited and able to make it.
My birthday was on Friday, May 8th and then Mother's Day was just two days later. I took the day off of work on Friday and traveled to Houston with my good friend Jane to spend the day at her parents fabulous house and then for some much needed shopping time at Ikea. I LOVED being with Jane on my birthday, and although I really missed my husband, it was nice to have some "girl" time.
Below are a couple of pics of the BEAUTIFUL roses Brent had waiting for me when I arrived home from Houston Saturday night and of the two Willow Tree figurines that were added to my starter collection over the weekend. "New Life" (mom/dad/new baby) was given to me by my dear parents-in-law and Brent got me "Cherish" (pregnant woman) for Mother's Day. Love them all so much and there are still a lot more that I want to add to my new collection.
PERFECT ROSES :) I look really tired though!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!
I must agree that Jeni's carrot cake is THE best. ♥ it!
I love La Madeline's too! I think we are just a little further away from one than I would like to be here in Texas, but that's ok. At least there is one!
That's awesome that Brent planned all of that down to your 'fake' order. So cute!
Beautiful roses, and great figurines!
And btw, you do not even look pregnant in those last pictures. You make me sick. :-)
Yay! Great post. I loved it especially since I'm involved in almost all of it... haha... It was a great week! I'm glad you had a good birthday & mother's day. You deserved it.
I'm excited to start swimming more. I really need the exercise, and it's so much COOLER than walking in this Louisiana heat.
Fantastic roses.
I still want to try Jeni's recipe. I printed off her website ages ago and just have never gotten around to it...
Happy Birthday.
I had so much fun at your dinner the other night...even though you looked like you wanted to kill us for yelling, "SURPRISE!"
It was a great surprise Jeni! I told you I don't do surprises very well. I am really thankful to have such good family and friends though.
Post a Comment