GAMETIME!
6:30amHey dudes,
We arrived here at the hospital at 4:45am and are officially set up & ready to go. The nurses have already begun the pitosin and Robin is at about four centimeters. Just so you know, it's 6:25am and I am kicking back sucking down some Werther's Orginals while Robin is eating ice. Your bets on the gender should begin now.
8:45am
Robin's OB (Octopus Banana-Connoisseur) stopped by at seven and broke her water. By 7:10, contractions were very intense so the epidural was ordered and given an hour later. As of 8:30am, Robin was six centimeters. Contractions are about one minute apart and she is loving this epidural business. The baby's head is really low and the nurses are being pretty aggressive. We should have a baby before noon. By the way, we are in the same room that Jane delivered in so hopefully some of the magic is still here.
9:33am
I like your style, Josh, but you should reconsider the time because as of 9:30 Robin is completely dilated. The nurse told her to labor down and she and the doctor will come back around 10:00 to begin to "really push." Up until this point I have been pretty calm and collected but I can feel my heart rate increase with every minute that passes.
40 comments:
Pretty in Pink ; )
Hmmmm...That XX chromosome combo is quite popular in BR right now. Therefore, since you always want to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing, I'm gonna say BOY (mainly because I want our little fella to have another fella cousin nearby:)
BOY! Keep us posted...I'll be checking the blog all day!
I have a hunch that you know something we don't know...it's a boy.
Its a boy!!! Spencer thinks so too.
I am guessing it's a boy...you two seem pretty sure of that, and I won't go against a mother's intuition!!!! Good luck!
I'm starting a time guessing game: 11:27am.
A weight game:
8lbs. 6oz
and length:
20 1/4 inches
CALL ME!!
Let's do this Uncle TOM!!!
My wager -
A lass
7 lbs 10 oz
at 10:25 am
We're so excited!!! Off to Lane's first pediatrician appointment but will stay tuned to y'all's blog.
-Gerald
WOOHOO! WE ARE ALL ON THE EDGE OF OUR SEATS HERE AT RMA. I'M UPDATING EVERYONE AS WE RECEIVE THEM. GO MANGUMS!!
Oh and the length of that snicker-doodle... 19 1/2"
i hope it is a girl so that afton has a friend, just like dakota.
...and poor Ian will really be in the middle. That was me, not Josh BTW. I refuse to give him credit:) Now PUSH!!
Yeah! I love that you're blogging! Hang in there Mangum's!
Girl
8lbs 2oz
11:05am
19 inches
Can't wait to meet him/her!
Mandy
Screw this, I'm coming up there.
Oh yeah! I'm so happy for you guys! Way to go Robin!
congratulations. i am so excited for you!
Congrats Mangums!!! She's beautiful and Lane can't wait to meet her.
AHHHHH!!!!! I knew it would be a girl! This literally make everyone but me! Congratulations Brent, Robin, & Dakota! She is too cute! Names??? I know, I know...I'll let yall recover first! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see that cute little Mangum girliee!
Congrats!!! She's adorable! Can't wait to hear what you name her.
Spencer and i are always wrong when we guess. She is so beautiful!!! Congrats!
congrats guys! she is adorable.
Congrats Mangum family! Had to leave the office for a bit, but was receiving updates from Toby while I was gone. Can't wait to see that beautiful girl!!!
Congrats! Beautiful little girl! Names names? I like Annie Claire!
I cried when you called me, and I'm crying now as I look at the sweet pictures. Congrats guys:) We'll see you in person tomorrow...
And, um, it's kinda scary how close the Asay's predictions were...
YAY!!! Girls are sooooo fun! Congratulations! She is so sweet. I am so happy for you guys.
are the mangum's accepting non-family visitors this evening?
awwhhh!! congratulations guys! another girl in the ward. that's awesome! what's her name?
Amy and others,
You are all welcome to visit whenever you'd like. Just call first so that you don't walk in on me with playing with my star wars action figures.
YAY!
Congratulation!!! I just knew you was having a girl. I'm glad to hear everything went so well. We can't wait to meet her. She is precious. All of these little girls...how fun! See you guys soon!
Congratulations you guys! She's a beauty. I LOVE that last picture of her papa staring in amazement. It's what it's all about yo!
Congrats Robin! I am sure she is very precious...
Yay!!!! Congratulations! A sweet baby girl. I bet you guys were so excited. I cried reading your blog. I hope we get to see the beautiful addition soon!
Congratulations!!!! She looks a lot like Becca and Austin looked as babies....way cool!!!
Yay! What a sweet little baby! Congratulations you two! Dakota has a baby sister now!
I am so excited for yall! & I still can't believe Brent is a DAD! LOL
A girl!! Congratulations! Y'all make a beautiful family!
Hey guys... those are some of the cutest pictures i ever saw! i got a little tear in my eye seeing kota holding her... what a good big bro he will be! can't wait to se you guys. call me when you feel up for company.
NiNi
I needed to post a comment to make our total comments reach the "40" mark. I think that's a record for us. Thank you all for the comments and everything else you've done for us. This being parents again is definitely a lot of work and just knowing the support we have out there from our family and friends make it not seem too difficult. I guess I shouldn't be typing this at 1:45am or else I would be reporting how fantastic everything is:)
Thanks again!!!
Post a Comment