Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We're alive...

It's has been a killer couple of weeks. Ever since we returned from our Thanksgiving rendezvous to Orlando, life has been hectic. Dakota has a lot of homework on a regular basis, I (Robin) am working more hours most days to help us catch up financially, Brent has been swamped trying to finish up the 9 weeks and preparing to give his mid-term exams, and well Annie, her routine was a little off for a week or so due to the above mentioned rendezvous/road trip.

It has been raining here in south Louisiana for about 2 weeks straight. I'm so done with rain. This is the latest we have ever, and I repeat ever, waited to get a Christmas tree. We were finally successful in securing a decent one from the local "Building Home Improvement" store, however it has been standing naked in our living room for nearly a week. No lights, no decorations or garland to make her beauty really be known. Tradition has been that we would go out to the Christmas tree farm the day/weekend after Thanksgiving and cut down our own tree. However, because of the rain and being out of town everything has been pushed back.

We had our ward Christmas Party this past weekend which has consumed most of our free time since Thanksgiving. It turned out really well considering a few last minute plan changes due to the rain. We were, however, able to still have our caroling hayride around the LSU lakes which I think will be memorable for many in the years to come.

On that note...BRENT and I both have been released from our callings, BUT we have new ones. We should be sustained and set apart this Sunday so we will post when the that has taken place.

I have a cold, Dakota has a cough/cold, but Brent and Annie are holding up nicely.

My husband is so hot! Just wondering if he'll even read this post since it is so long. He always comments when I post a bunch of text. Just thought you all might be interested in our happenings.

Happy belated birthday to our sis-in-law Jeni Mangum (12/14) who is about to have baby #2 in about 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Thanks for the "blog shout out":)

Yes, it's the busiest time of year. I'm kinda sick of Christmas parties at this point. There have been WAY too many. I, too, usually skip long pieces of text on blogs, but I read yours because it's YOU. I had another ultrasound today and Logan is already 7 lbs. 2 ounces. Crazy huh? He's gonna be 8 or bigger by the 29th. Good thing he's not being pushed out of my va-jay-jay.

Jane Huddleston said...

Same here. I read the text because it's YOU & you're good at writing from the heart. It's always genuine. I'm sorry about the sickies & the busy-ness & the rain. I'm sick of the rain too.