Thursday, July 08, 2010







*Thank you Jane for these complimentary photos


It has always been the details of a party that really matter to me. I know that this interest can drive my husband nuts, especially when an event is approaching and I'm running the show, but I can't imagine it any other way. I appreciate the small details when I attend parties/events and quite frankly, I just enjoy doing it.

We had a lot of fun with Dakota's party this year. Dakota and I went Garage Sale shopping for about 3 weeks prior to his party to find some of the supplies we needed for some really great prices-tiki torches, plastic crawfish and crabs, packaged spanish moss, frogs on lily pads, etc.

To go along with our swamp theme, we had an Alligator Pinata and an Alligator bean bag toss that I don't think was used very much. The live crawfish were a hit for all of the boys. I hope the food was enjoyed by all-fresh fruit, fried catfish, cajun jambalaya, deviled eggs and honey rolls.

added at 8:30pm* I haven't been able to get enough footage of Annie today because our Memory card has been full and my husband refused to take the pictures off until just now...but, she's sleeping of course because it's 8:30pm. So I can't fulfill my promise as previously posted. Perhaps tomorrow.

5 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

It was a great party, you went the extra mile - quality is always appreciated by all. You did a fantastic job - the food was yummy!

Jenn said...

Everything looks awesome Robin! I am the same way... it's all about the details. How fun. Can't wait to throw parties for my own kiddies. Great job!

Lexi said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is the cutest party! I love ♥LOVE♥ love everything. The fruit alligator is genius. So adorable! Great job guys! The food sounded fantastic too. What are honey rolls?

Jordan said...

Wow, Robin. You're my kind of party thrower! We should host a bash together sometime. Our husbands can bond over watching us sweat the "small" stuff. (:

Happy Birthday Dakota!!!

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.