Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This past weekend was a little mini vacation for us. Brent had to be in New Orleans on Friday morning as a speaker at a multi-stake youth conference so the kids and I decided to tag along. My grandparents have a condo in Kenner-just outside of New Orleans- so we were able to spend a couple of hours with them while Brent was at the youth conference. We stayed the night in a nice hotel, had a fantastic hot breakfast compliments of the hotel, did a little shopping and then spent Saturday at the very over crowded Aquarium of the Americas near the French Quarter.

The youth conference actually turned out to be a lot of fun for Brent and I. His brother Aaron and wife Jeni were there as reps from their home ward. ALSO, my really good friend from Albany/Hammond was there with her girls. We decided to even go back Friday evening for the dinner and dance so we could spend a little more time with these people we love. If Annie would have been cooperating and sleeping in her stroller, we would have busted out on the dance floor. Unfortunately, she won and we called it an early night (late for her!) and headed back to the hotel. I did hear from several people though that Brent did an AMAZING job with his workshop on Dating.

Aquarium Pictures...






3 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Sounds fun to me - I love the aquarium - especially the walk thru part where the fish are all around you, so neat! Glad you got to go!

The Busch's Hullabaloo said...

We love that place too, Craig and Jordan took us there a few years ago. I bet Brent did an awesome job at youth conference, he has that special way with youth. Hugs and kisses!!!!

Adrienne said...

awesome! we were just at the aquarium tuesday! what a fun get-a-way weekend!