Back to the Grind...
Daddy day care is officially over. Brent reported back to work/school today after being off for just over 2 months and home with both kids. It was a little bitter-sweet for me at lunch today. I went home to a very quiet and clean house. It was sad not to be greeted with chaos, but it was also very relaxing. I actually sat down on the couch for about 10 minutes which hasn't happened in a long time. I do miss my family though. The days seem very long without being able to see them all at lunch. Annie did just fine when I dropped her off at her old child care center, but she now has graduated once again to a new class with a new teacher. We're hoping she adjust to the schedule and enjoys having 6 new friends.
On another note, Brent's parents reported to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo, Utah this morning. They have been out west with family for the past week and I just received the text message from Mark-oldest Mangum boy-that they have been dropped off and it all went off without a hitch. Paula/Nana was pretty nervous from what I understand, but at least she has her man there beside her.
Annie's 1st birthday is fast approaching. We will celebrate her 1st and Brent's 28th birthday on the 28th of this month. I'm currently searching for ideas for the joint birthday so feel free to comment if you have any "comment worthy" suggestions.
This sort of catches us up for now. Perhaps another post or two to come within the next day or so.
1 comment:
We're also celebrating that day... for Halle and my Dad. Hopefully they won't overlap too much so we can celebrate with eachother!
Post a Comment