Friday, September 24, 2010

Not all posts have to have pictures right?! Beware: There is a lot of rambling in this post because I'm solo at the office today and the boredom is creeping in now that I'm done with Mockingjay (the last of the Hunger Games series).

We haven't slowed down any here. Actually, we've somehow managed to make ourselves even busier or so it seems. It feels like things are leveling off though. Brent and I had a little heart to heart a couple of weeks ago (you know, the one where you realign your marriage and priorities?!) so that's always refreshing when you make time to stop and reflect on where you are and where you want to be with your eternal companion. I'm lucky he loves me so much. Quite honestly, I don't know how he does it and seems to always be so cool, calm, & collected.

Yesterday, September 23rd, marked the 3-year anniversary since my dad passed. The floodgates always open on this day.

We've been able to see Aaron & Jeni quite a bit lately which has been refreshing. They, along with Josh and Stacy, are the main reasons we just can't see ourselves leaving Louisiana. A & J are in Mickey Mouse land right now so I think we're secretly jealous.

This weekend is slammed! I was out way too late last night for a work thing, tonight is ward temple night, tomorrow will prove to be even busier with a baptism of our neighbor and friend Juno, a baby shower for Erin and baby girl, and Celebration for Women tomorrow afternoon into evening. We'll end the evening with hopefully some good ole LSU football. Fingers crossed.

Our kids are awesome although I think one of them is turning into a biter. We're trying to nip that in the bud ASAP. Good thing she's so stinkin cute.

Congratulations if you just read all of that! Let me know who you are and maybe one of you (hopefully there's a least one) will let me make you one of my homemade cookie cakes. I've made three in the past week and a half and they are A-W-E-S-O-M-E just like you.

7 comments:

Jane Huddleston said...

You're going to reward me with cookie cake just because I love you enough to read about what's going on in your life?? Sounds good to me!!! :) (just kidding you don't really have to cook for me).

Yes it's going to be a very busy weekend. Good luck to all of us involved!

Adrienne said...

Haha you are so funny! I wish I was in Mickey Mouse land right now! Mike's sister and her family will be there in a few weeks :( I know what you mean by work being boring. I have been there but I can't add posts b/c certain websites are blocked...

Have a fun weekend!

adamanderin said...

Yes, a very busy weekend ahead, but I am sure you will make it through relatively unscathed...at least that's what I keep telling myself! :-P Hopefully you can look forward to a nice, long Sunday afternoon nap! Good luck!

Jeni said...

I read every post on the "show." I don't always comment, because commenting on 100 blogs is too cumbersome. I am Jeni, as in the "Jeni" that keeps you in Louisiana;) I has been super duper fun to each other more often than usual. Let's keep it up! Don't be too jealous, you'll be in the land of Mickey Mouse in a mere month!

Jeni said...

Oh, and the cookie cake with the mini chocolate chips is DA BOMB. I've been dreaming of that chocolatey goodness.

The Comeaux Family said...

please make a cookie cake for you favorite co-workers...and maybe let me have a piece, too.

Jordan said...

I want a homemade cookie cake!