Tuesday, May 11, 2010


My birthday this past weekend along with Mother's Day on Sunday were both really nice. We spent a few hours Saturday morning with Jacob and Jane at Blue Bayou. The clouds cleared and the sun came out which meant slight sunburn for Annie and I. Brent agreed to eat a place that he wasn't too excited about afterwards. Annie then took a long Saturday afternoon nap and we didn't hesitate to join her. Saturday afternoon I wanted to go shopping by myself so Brent made that happen. Saturday evening we left for a spontaneous trip to this relatively new Gelato Shop by the Country Club. It was the best I've EVER had. We then topped off the night by stopping by Josh and Stacy's for a short hang out. All in all, it was great! Oh, Brent surprised me with a new MP3 player in a lovely shade of pink along with some upgraded headphones for the thing.
Technically, my brother Josh purchased this for Brent so that I wouldn't see it on our bank account;) I guess we still owe him some $.

Mother's Day was beautiful. Brent cooked a five course brunch that he and I enjoyed while Annie napped and Dakota was still at his dad's. We then went to Church then home to prepare for the BBQ that was taking place over at my mom's place. The guys did the grilling and the ladies helped with the side dishes. Good food and good company. It's great being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and aunt.

Thanks for the great weekend Brent and for making each day special and by itself. Just keep in mind that next year my birthday will fall on Mother's DAY! That will be a challenge;)

Sorry there aren't any related pictures to go along with this post.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Ahhh...shopping by yourself. That is the BEST. I love to go out by myself. I'm not insecure to do things by myself like some people are. You're a sister after my own heart.