Friday, May 20, 2011


The Latest

Brent applied to two graduate school programs and has officially been accepted to both ( LSU and to Southeastern). He will be attending LSU full-time beginning this fall for the Master of Public Administration program. He is currently in the process of applying for assistantships and scholarships so we'll wait to see what happens there. I'm really proud of him. It's been bittersweet for Brent to officially put in his notice that he will not be returning to teach for the 2011-2012 school year. We've consulted with each other and our Heavenly Father countless times this past year to determine which direction would be best for our family. Brent's original plan in 2008 was to teach at Catholic for at least four years so that he could see his then 9th grade students graduate from high school. Although the plan was cut a little short, I know that he feels good about this decision and embarking on the new adventure.

I'm going to go on a little bragging streak right now because I think Brent deserves it. He is such a great teacher. I know the word "great" can be overused, but trust me when I state that is absolutely applicable here. He has such a good rapport with his students and their parents and really has way of connecting, and I think even making a difference in many of their lives. I've seen the many thank you cards and gifts he's received from parents stating what a difference he's made in their son's life. I'm really proud to be his eternal companion. I'm excited that our children have him as a father and role model. He truly is one of a kind.

Dakota just finished the school year this past week. He'll be in Florida for a week until Brent and Annie are done with school/work at the end of the month. Then, let the summer fun begin.

Annie is great! She has lots of curls now and adores her brother. She will be attending the LSU Child Care Center beginning in August. We're really excited about this. The child care program at LSU is fantastic and the environment is super clean which I love.

I'm doing great as well. We've had some very trying times over the past couple of months as the following items have broken and had to be repaired or replaced:

Brent's Back ($expensive)
My tooth ($expensive)
Washing Machine ($expensive)
Microwave
Garbage disposal
Both car batteries
Air conditioning Unit - ($Very expensive$)

Now that all items have been fixed or replaced, we're feeling a lot better about things. It was getting so ridiculous that Brent and I would just look at each other and laugh any time something else would break or stop working. We're keeping our fingers crossed and counting our blessings and hopefully we'll have run of good fortune here in the near future.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Love the picture of Annie. So, what's the story there?

Glad to hear about Brent's assistantship & all the other successes. It's these brief tastes of sweet victory scattered in among the bitter moments that keep us positive. But the bitter moments are the ones that make us strong, I believe it. Congrats. Off to the next adventure!